Sunday, January 12, 2014

Do we sometimes shift dimensions spontaneously? 3 true unique stories...

1. Florida, July, 2011. This was a strange event, but one I have had multiple times in my life. I don't know if it was a time slip, or change and it was only brief on these occasions.
There was nothing different about the day. I was getting out of my vehicle after work, so I would say it had to be after 5 p.m. I have the same type of things that happened in some other stories I have read on here about seeing the same thing, but it was me who was the one repeating.
I pulled into my driveway and I felt dazed. The next thing that occurred, I was back on the road leading to my house... and it repeated! Now the oddity that is strange to me was the first driveway I pulled into was my home and so was the second. The difference is that the car and home were different places. I had a completely different life.
I feel as though this was something like a quantum leap or a dimension change. The only side effect from this that I can recall was a headache and a slight bloody nose. The memories from this other life (or maybe a dream) are vague at best.
Now there were other times throughout my life when these same strange happenings occurred where time seemed to repeat. If you could give me any feedback on this it would be much appreciated.
2. 
This incident happened to me when I was a university student in Nova Scotia, Canada in about 1991. I decided to take the express bus to my home town one night to visit my parents for the weekend. I sat at the back of the bus and there was nobody around me, but there was a family sitting behind the driver in the front. The bus ride was uneventful until we came close to my parents home town.
I was looking out the window and I looked at the Michelin tire factory as we went by it going uphill. When the bus reached the top of the hill, I got a strange feeling and for some unknown reason I started to imagine many people on the bus laughing at me!
Right then there was a blip in reality and the bus was suddenly about a mile back on the highway! I then had the experience of watching the bus drive by the tire factory again! This kind of scared me and I noticed that the family sitting in the front, who were talking loudly before, were now dead quiet.
I approached the bus driver when we stopped and told him what I thought happened. He looked really nervous and he said something like, "Things like that happen." It was like a distortion in time and space.

3.

My most powerful experience is a really strange one, and if it hadn't happened to two friends at the same time, I might even doubt it myself, now. The three of us were walking through London, from Camden Town down toward Mornington Crescent. We stopped to wait at a pedestrian crossing for the lights to change -- the unusual plain green silhouette of a man walking for go, and plain red silhouette of a man standing for don't go, in case yours are different.
As usual, when waiting for the lights to change, we all watched them impatiently. Eventually they changed, and we started crossing, keeping an eye on them to make sure we had time to make it across comfortably -- some of those crossings in London are a bit rough.
About half way across the road, there was -- quite literally -- a ripple in reality, a brief flash of disturbance. I looked up, and the lights had changed again... but not back to red. Suddenly, the plain green guy was wearing flares and glasses, had long, flowing hair cascading out behind him, and was surrounded by stars. Astonished, we stopped and exchanged glances. One of the others said "Did you...?"; we both replied "Yes" before he could finish the sentence.
Not wanting to get killed, we finished crossing the road, and then waited, looking nervously at the lights, for them to go red again. Sure enough, the red guy had changed too. He was now carrying a briefcase, smoking a pipe (with wisps of smoke rising), wearing a little homburg hat, and he had big brogues on his feet.
We stared at the lights for a while, but eventually continued on, feeling very confused.
I mentioned this to a friend a couple of days later. She told me that she'd seen an article in the press talking about how the council had changed the plates over on the signs, to mourn the death of a singer who had been famous in the sixties and who had lived in that street. She promised to bring me the article to have a look at, the next time we met (which was once a fortnight, at a regular social gathering).
The council changing the plates makes sense; they most certainly didn't change them in less than the blink of an eye, though.
I went back a few days later to look at them more closely. The construction was standard -- they were just normal plates of black-dyed glass, based on the original template of the walk/go men, but with extra details etched out on top of them to provide the outfits. The plates were bolted in, and took up the entire casing; there was no mechanism by which they could have slid down in front of the other plates, or anything similar.
To be absolutely sure, I hung around looking at them from a cafe across the road for about an hour, but they stayed changed.
A week after that, I went back again for another look, to get a sketch. The lights were back to being perfectly normal.
A couple of days later it was the meeting again. When I spoke to the girl who had known about the singer, she looked at me blankly -- neither she nor anyone else had any memory of me mentioning changing lights, singers or Camden before; no knowledge of any article; nothing at all about any commemorations.
It still feels to me like a brief swap into a closely-aligned parallel dimension.

These stories were borrowed from:
paranormal.about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment